Sunday, July 17, 2011

she's a fighter...


 She's a fighter, but this week has been rough.  Wednesday was her big 50th birthday, but so much for fabulous part.  She was hit pretty hard with another pain spell that afternoon.  After 12, TWELVE, of the strongest pain pills that she's on, she was somewhat comfortable again.  Birmingham has sinced upped that medicine.  So for now, she's sleeping a lot, taking lots of medicine which makes her pretty loopy when she's awake, and waiting for Texas.  We are blessed to have her at home, but ready to have her back...back to normal.

In other news,  most of you know I spent this past week on a mission trip to the beach for children with cancer and their families.  It was so wonderful that I can't even describe it to you.  The children were sick, really sick, but completely forgot about their sickness last week because of the fun we had.  It was a completely humbling experience that I look forward to serving at again next year, and the years to follow.  My heart is filled beyond words.  I would love for you to start praying now to go with me next year!

I got to spend the week with this little nugget...
 She's also the toughest 5 year old I know!!   To say she is a fighter is such an understatement.  She has beaten the odds, and if it weren't for the scar on her tiny little body, which is almost as big as she is, you would never know she has fought such a hard battle.  Please be in prayer for my new friend as she has got some pretty big tests coming up.

While on the trip, I got to experience some awesome worship time!  During our praises, I was introduced to my new favorite song...





My favorite line...."the one that holds the world, is holding you..."


Hope to be back soon with a better week!

xoxo,
c

No comments:

Post a Comment