Tuesday, February 8, 2011

almost there...

It's been a long time coming, but she's almost there!  Monday is her last treatment, and she couldn't be anymore excited about this being behind her.  Since my last post, not a whole lot has been going on...just treatment everyday.  She's had "good" days and "bad" days and lots of visitors in between.  Besides sickness every now and then and the burning that's occurring from the treatment, really her only other complaint is lack of energy.  She's resting a lot these days - think the treatment has really caught up to her.    We are all sooooooo, sooooooo, sooooooooooo excited for Monday! 

Now, on a different note, tonight we are all so humbled by the gratitude that everyone has shown to our family since finding out about Mom's cancer.  We have, no joke, kept the Birmingham USPS in business!  Her WHOLE apartment is filled from floor to ceiling with cards, notes, letters, and pictures that you all have taken the time to send her way.  Your encouragement and inspiration keeps her going when she does not have the courage to go alone.   We could feed a small country with all the homemade desserts, food, and candy that she has received.  You name it, and I'm sure she has it...sweet, salty, hot, sour, frozen, cheesy, tart, etc, etc.  She has a wide selection of magazines, books, and crossword puzzles, and I'm almost certain that she could take a bubble bath, twice a day, for the rest of her life with all of the bath goodies.  THANK YOU seems sooo small for all that you have done for us.  Even complete strangers have lifted up prayers on her behalf, and for that, we will be forever grateful.  We are most of all thankful for the prayers.  From the simple ones to the most elaborate ones, God has heard them all.  There is no way possible for us to repay all that has been done.  We will simply pay it forward.  You all have touched our hearts in a way that can't be explained, and your generosity will be remembered forever. 


SHIRTS are in!!!!  We sorted, rolled, stuffed, and tagged all of them tonight, and they should be making there way to you soon!  If you missed the first order, that's ok - Julia can still get you one.  Just email her (jewels1_03@yahoo.com) or Facebook her with your size. 

Be back over the weekend for more pictures and an update!

xoxo,
c

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Peggy. I just recently found out what you are going through. I just want to tell you that I love you so very much, my sweet friend. You are in my prayers always. I know you are going to be well and back home in no time. I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I read that you will be coming home next week and I am so happy for that. When you are feeling up to it, I would love to talk to you. So many years have gone by. Just know that I have never forgotten you and our friendship and I love you very much.

    Love,

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete