Thursday, April 28, 2011

quick update...

Just left Mom not too long ago, and she was resting well. Between the morphine, for pain, and benadryl, for itching from the morphine, she was snoozing away.



An oncologist stopped by this morning and told her he would probably keep her a couple of days until they could get her pain under control again. It's kind of like the same process that had to go through in Birmingham before Christmas. They have to find the right combo of medications that work well enough together to ease the pain that she's having in her arm. Even though she was pretty much out of it this afternoon/tonight while I was there, I could still tell she was hurting some by the faces she would make or the way she would bury her feet in the covers from time to time. She was in good spirits, but I also know that she's tired and extremely ready for all of this to be over with.

So, that's how I left her tonight. We really don't know anything other than that. The doctor will be around again tomorrow sometime, and I will update then.

Thank you all for the prayers, comments and sweet words. They are so encouraging and needed.

In this storm, I am held,
It is well, with my soul.

xoxo,
c

No comments:

Post a Comment