Saturday, April 30, 2011

we're still here...

Still in the hospital.  No word when things may get back to "normal" either.  Today was not such a great day...definitely not how we had made plans to spend our day.  She had a MRI first thing this morning, only to return to her room in pain and discomfort that would last all day.  Today, the morphine really wasn't helping.  She had many visitors, but I could tell behind that forced smile on her face just how bad she was hurting. 

nana trying to make everything better

working overtime to ease the pain
the magic button

you got this, girl!


Tonight on my drive home, I decided to have a pitty party.  It had been a long day, I was mad, and really frustrated.  It's not fair that she's having to endure so much pain AGAIN for a second time!  The first time was bad enough to last her forever!  Now, she's faced with more pain, more sickness, and more fear.  How could this be happening to one of His faithful servants?  I knew He heard our pleas and cries....why wasn't He doing anything?!?  How long was she going to have to continue to suffer before something happened? 

Finally got myself together and turned on the radio.  I heard a song that went a little something like this...

Do you wonder why you have to
Feel the things that hurt you
If there's a God who loves you where is He now 

Maybe there are things you can't see
And all those things are happening
To bring a better ending  ...

Come on you've gotta wait for the light
Press on and just fight the good fight
Cause the pain that you've been feeling
It's just the hurt before the healing 

And then, when the song went off, a guy came on and quoted 1Peter 5:6-7
      6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 


The party was over.  I wiped my face and began thanking Him for grace and forgiveness, along with healing and comfort for my momma.

Thank you for your faithful prayers...we all need them now more than ever.  Be back tomorrow.
xoxo,
c

3 comments:

  1. Ciara & family, It must be so hard going through all of this pain and suffering. I would like to offer some scripture reading for you. The book of Job is a wonderful book, but you must read the entire book. Do not stop in the middle or it will depress you. If you can read the entire book it will give you a peace, comfort, and a hope you can hold onto. I’ll try to give you the short version. Job was blameless, upright, feared God, and shunned evil. God allowed the devil to mess with Job in so many ways which really distracted Job and hurt him mentally and physically. That is what thirty something chapters of this book are about, the devil messing with Job. The part that really hit me was that Job continued to ask over and over and over again, “why are you doing this to me God?” Finally in chapters 38 & 39 God tells Job that we cannot question Him. God is sovereign and is in total control. In the end God blesses Job with double of what he had before. My point is that God will reward us here and in heaven for staying loyal to Him during trials, tribulations, and tests. I’m so glad that you and your family are grounded in your faith in Jesus. I leave you with Romans 5:1-5 to help give you words of perseverance! I will pray for all of you tonight. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Justin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Jinks, she is in Flowers. Thanks Justin for the encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete