Tuesday, February 21, 2012

how precious did that grace appear...

the hour I first believed.  Not just when I thought I believed, but when I really, dug way down deep, and with everything in me, believed in Him and His faithfulness.

It was a big day.  Huge day to be exact.  One that we will never forget.  Here's a recap of the day:

What a day!  Mom had her CT Scan early this morning at around 8:30.  The CT Scan showed fluid around her heart and lungs.  She had labs after that and then met with her new oncologist, Dr. Forero.  We instantly knew we had made the right decision after talking with him for only a few minutes.  He has put her in the hospital to see if the fluid around her lungs is from the cancer.  This is there concern, but I believe it is from so much fluid that she received while staying at Troy.  She will have several tests tomorrow to find out more about this fluid. 

They are also concerned about the swelling and irritation in her left arm after so many rounds of super strong antibiotics.

So, no poison today.  Looks like we will be staying here for a few days.

Back to the CT Scan.  NO TUMOR TO BE FOUND!!!!!!!!!!  We know that this is because the power of prayer.


My heart sank to the very bottom of my big toe the instant that I saw dad calling this afternoon.  I knew what he was calling about.  Was it good news or bad news...

To say we are rejoicing tonight is an understatement.  We know that He reached down and laid His healing hands upon her.  There is simply no other explanation.

With that said, she still has a long way to go.  The fluid that has built up is a very serious condition.  The next few days will tell us just how critical things are.  She still is experiencing lots of pain in her left arm.  Please continue to lift her up in prayer that things will continue to work out beautifully.

Tonight, as I sit here and "ugly" cry, I can't help but to miss my momma.  How I wish I could just give her a hug.  She has been through SO much.  It is kind of hard for me to really understand tonight that the tumor is completely gone.  She has got some pretty serious tests tomorrow.  I will be back tomorrow with an update. 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! We are continuing to pray for Peggy's complete recovery. I believe God is ready for her to share her testimony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! I have been thinking about and praying for you and your sweet mom. I know it is such a blessing to hear such great news. Love you C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAISE THE LORD! Still praying.

    ReplyDelete