Tuesday, January 18, 2011

what a day...

Lately, when she's not busy being sick, she's been doing a lot of this...
We had to call in the troops, and thankfully, this nurse was able to give her some special attention...
Been taking allllllllllll these meds, hoping to feel better...
A low heart rate and blood pressure got me a free stay in the clinic this afternoon...
But thankfully, after hours with an IV, the BP was finally on the rise...
Ready to g-o, GO!
Dad gave her this little "happy" this past week...
And we both have had enjoyed reading it.  Besides it having the GREATEST story ever told, it is also filled with wonderful stories and prayers from other breast cancer survivors.  Thought this one was perfect for tonight.  

Dear Lord, this cancer has taken me by surprise.  I feel anxious, out of control, and woefully unprepared because I didn't see it coming.  Yet I also know You are not surprised or anxious, and You are very much in control.  Help me put on Your armor each day:  the belt of Your truth, the shield of Your righteousness, the shoes of Your peace, the helmet of Your salvation, and the sword of Your spirit.  The I will be ready to battle this unwelcome intruder.  And most of all, I will not be afraid because it really is Your battle.  I trust You to fight in and through me so that I am not defeated by this unseen enemy.  Thank You, Holy Spirit, that I don't need to be in control to battle cancer-I just need to be controlled by You.  Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Ciara thank you so much for these updates. I look so forward to the pictures and your newscast. I just know that today is going to be a good day. Can't wait to see the post:) I love ya'll. Give your momma a squeeze from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that this seems to be a better week. I loved spending time with you this past weekend. I can't wait for you to be back home and feeling better. Love and prayers always,

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is sooooo in control! It wont' belong now,you'll be back home and feeling so much better. No more nasty meds and feeling sick, getting back to the country life, fresh air and clean living, family and friends who love you and miss you very, very much! Can't wait for you to be back at home for a girl's night out!
    love and prayers - BFFL

    ReplyDelete